Tuesday 17 May 2016

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2 - Tote Bags: Research

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2/ Product, Range and Distribution  

Tote Bags: Research

Following tutor feedback I gained a range of further inspiration sources to look into as part of my design development for the tote bag illustration. An article from Dezeen introduced me to this return of memphis inspired design to more holistically understand the design principles behind the movement which I found engaging and informative to the development of the illustration used within my tote design. Dezeen Article

I took further inspiration from Peter Judson's work, The design and printmaker based in London, a recent graduate from Kingston University combines geometric shape and pattern with bold colour to create highly engaging illustrations that appeal to the sense of style i've been working towards in my campaign aesthetic. His Esquire Editorial is particularly personally engaging through the use of bold colour and minimal detailing that provides a contemporary interpretation of common household objects. This aesthetic fits my campaign ethos well and can inspire the development of the aesthetic to engage it's audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment