Friday 6 May 2016

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2 - Tone of Voice

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2/ Product, Range and Distribution  

Tone of Voice  

Due to the nature of the social issue I am exploring within my project I identified several different perspectives I could come at the brief from however found the direction that I would find the most enjoyable and engaging would to be research and develop a concept around the benefits of local produce. I have critically identified the other issues surrounding the topic such as the nutritional disadvantages of mass production for example the horse meat scandal of 2013 and the debate of food miles, which calculates the journey from field to plate calculating the amount of fossil fuels used to complete this process. 

These perspectives are explicitly negative exploiting the disadvantages of mass production which will be full of negative connotations and would develop a serious and heavy practical resolution. I stated at the start of the brief I wanted to have fun with the research and development which I feel I would become un-engaged with if following one of these negative threads, instead championing the benefits of Local produce automatically creates more positive and optimistic connotations that will allow me to explore the issue from a more open and friendly perspective that will appeal more to the target audience. This will further allow me to experiment with colour and textures that would be less appropriate for a serious narrative of the social issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment