Wednesday 4 May 2016

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2 - Concept Exploration: Feedback

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2/ Product, Range and Distribution  

Concept Exploration: Feedback 

Talking to students and tutors regarding the selection of a research topic to base my response to the brief around they felt both initial concepts had potential to be extended and developed into a significant resolution. Tutors highlighted the use of personality within the response, from this I explained how I have created quote a lot of series and refined work this year and coming towards the end of the year I just want to have some fun with design. Based on this tutors suggested that localised produce would result in more opportunity to experiment with colour and shape with regards to nature and fruit whereas animal welfare would probably end up getting serious at some stage not to say I couldn't keep it light hearted. 

From this I agreed with tutor feedback and felt that advertising the benefits and availability   of locally sourced produce would create a more personally engaging research topic that would develop opportunity to create playful experimentation with my visual outcomes. Concept with this decision the next stage within my concept proposal is to focus on what I actually want to say within the campaign as this is the most important stage of development, with a clear and succinct concept the design will flow organically and ensure the resolutions are relevant whereas an abstract concept could lead to ill-informed and un-suitalbe resolutions that aren't appropriate in context. 

From talking to tutors and establishing my message had to be clear and concise to ensure the project remains focused I didn't want to establish this at this stage as I felt this would be drastically informed by my research process. For the initial research I plan to explore the wider perspective of localised farming including academic tests and social enterprises. Extending beyond this research I also plan to conduct primary research into the concept and target audience as well as perform appropriate design analysis and inspiration research to inform and develop a range of contemporary design directions for the practical resolutions to the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment