Monday 9 May 2016

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2 - Research Conclusion

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2/ Product, Range and Distribution  

Research Conclusion

I have conducted a range of broad and varied research in a number of appropriate directions to holistically understand the concept, this research began with an investigation into the definition and explanation of Local Produce, this was then developed to fully understand the client, the environment and the target audience. To further extend this I conducted primary reach in the form of a questionnaire to better understand the target audiences attitudes towards the social issue identified as part of my concept. 

My research then took a different direction focusing on design inspiration and research, looking into and analysing existing advertising campaigns to identify how other clients have targeting similar issues to a specific audience. I also identified a range of aesthetic inspirations for poster designs and design treatments which was then broadened out to other sources of inspiration including the design blogs and food packaging that shares a similar target audience to my own. 

From this research I holistically understand the concept and client identified for my practical project. Extended research into the target audience demonstrates my ability to understand the different aspects of an audience and ensure my resolution is appropriate to this demographic. My design based research begins to inspire me for different design treatments that can be developed as part of my initial idea generation with an informed understanding of previous campaigns and how other brands have used different treatments to appeal to a similar target audience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment