Wednesday 7 January 2015

Design Principles - What is a book - Introduction

Design Principles
What is a book? 
Introduction 

Brief; Produce a set of 10 Double page layouts that explore the form, function and construction of a book.
Your ongoing visual investigation of content should demonstrate a growing understanding of the fundamental principles of type, grid, layout and format that will (and have) been introduced during studio sessions and workshops. Use these as a staring point to develop a set series or sequence of page layouts  that effectively communicates your chosen content.
Your 10 layouts should include a contents page and introduction to the content.


This brief will be supported by talks and workshops.

My first impressions of this brief are that it is going to be an extended project that will allow me to develop my skills in book creation and manufacture. I feel this brief will be more creative and hands on as opposed to some of the briefs I have completed as part of my studio practise module. I feel this brief relies heavily on experimentation and the process used to create my outcomes. I will take part in the studio sessions as well as compiling a range of my own research that should inform my design decisions in order to produce a successfully creative outcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment