Saturday 12 March 2016

OUGD503 Collaborative Practice - Denim Education: Illustrations

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 2/Collaborative Practice 

Denim Education - Illustrations

Explain this the concept to me collaborative partner he felt this would be an effective way to target the demographic and felt the statements were effective in communicating the desired information. The next stage was to collaborate with Billy to create engaging illustrations that would bring these statements to life. One of the key challenges I have found with the process of collaborating is that I need to have a clearer idea of what I want the finished piece to look like before I start designing as I need to outsource the images. I need to tell Billy in more detail about what I want from him as an illustrator which was initially difficult as I typically evolve through the design process. 

I started to create some very rough sketches regarding the layout of how I wanted these final graphics to look, I took inspiration from the initial campaign image to create a sense of continuity to run throughout the campaign. From this I then digitally annotated the different bums that needed illustrating. We wanted to use some actual jeans in this portion of the campaign as the main image focused on the concept of personalised denim and didn't physically feature any pairs of jeans, this will complement the educational images creating an overarching theme running though the campaign, I annotated these previous illustration with different types of denim to highlight the variety Gaps collection offers. This then gave billy a clear direction to take when designing the illustration the basic annotation gave him creative freedom with rough guidelines to ensure the illustration came together succinctly with the written statements to create a range of bold engaging imagery that highlights the main aspects of Gaps denim collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment