Tuesday 29 March 2016

OUGD503 - BACIL Poster Campaign: Summative Feedback

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 1/ BACIL Poster Campaign   

Summative Feedback


Following the submission date I was unsuccessful in winning the competition, I felt I had a genuinely strong concept that addressed the key problems within the brief and created a successful resolution. I emailed the lead co-oordinator of the competition to see if she could direct me towards some feedback as this would help me to identify where I could improve in the future. She was really helpful in providing me with some good quality constructive feed back. 

The judges found my design to focus too heavily on the night time economy and represents from this judging board felt it wouldn't be understood easily enough, they did however like the bright use of colour and composition within my entry. I feel that the resolution and aesthetic was extremely easily understandable and this was never identified as a problem though the constant feedback I received throughout my design process from students who double up as part of the target audience but the design may have simply been not what the judges were looking for. 



I came across one of the winning entries displayed in the cloakroom of my part time job at Topman, I was personally don't see how this design appeals to a younger demographic as this was a problem identified within the brief regarding the uses of the old posters, this aesthetic is vastly different to mine and may have been more suited to what the judges are looking for however I feel its not that successful in engaging the target audience through eye-catching visual communication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment