Sunday 15 November 2015

OUGD504 - Brief 3 - Final Critique

OUGD504: Brief 3: Type In Context

Final Critique

I presented my final publication to a group of students and tutors for feedback as to whether they feel I have produced a successful resolution to the brief. There was a largely prositve response to my publication with comments including 'looks like something you'd buy' and 'really professional finish'. Students liked the use of black and white imagery and loved the context of the publication using a selection of letters to spell out Australia, they further commented on the innovative idea to vectorise the letterform from the photography and place it in the corner to further highlight the context however one student said he would have liked me to draw more attention to this. When questioned about the first page that was initially a cover design I explained it was inspired from travel stamps which was then commented that it was a great source of inspiration and added a further context to the design. 

Some of the students said they found the illustrations too distracting and felt it should have left them out, taking on board these comments I see how the sporadic nature of the illustration may look busy and distracting however through the my tutor agreed that during the development process without the illustrations the spreads looked far too minimal therefore if reproducing these spreads I would probably look for an intermediate between the illustrations not being as distracting yet the spread not looking too minimal. Overall the majority of the feedback was positive and students liked the concept and execution of my publication, I take on board the comments regarding the illustrations being potentially distracting however I feel it adds a fun and engaging element to the spreads that make them individual and will ensure the publication remains engaging from start to finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment