Wednesday 29 April 2015

Studio Brief 4 - Stickers

Studio Brief 4 - Reflective Practise - Speaking from experience  
Stickers 

In my final critique it was suggested that it would be a nice addition to print some posters on my design to be placed inside the tote bags. I agreed that this would be a great addition to my resolution however unfortunately was unable to screen print some more poster design. I did however want to create another piece of design to go inside the bags. 

I was inspired in the digital print room where I saw someone printing stickers. I felt these would be a nice addition to the company the tote bags as these cold be placed on laptops, windows and around university. I chose to scale my design to A7 as I felt this would be an appropriate size to place on laptops, notebooks, windows and other surfaces. I chose to print on clear stock so only the text would show up. I think this worked well as although I couldn't digitally print in neon orange, the outcome was still bold and created continuity between the stickers and bags.




I then cut out the stickers individually with a craft knife for precision and stuck them on various surfaces. The stickers worked really well on the white walls of the studio as this made the colours stand out more. My favourite placement of the stickers however was on the windows, I felt they looked really affective and grabbed my attention overtime I walked past. I think the outcome of stickers worked well as they were consistent with the bags and were finished to a high quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment