Tuesday 21 April 2015

Studio Brief 4 - Concept and Delivery

Studio Brief 4 - Reflective Practise - Speaking from experience  
Concept and Delivery 

Having conducted primary research and finding that a range of students had similar concerns to me at the start of the course such as if they chose the right course/institution and if they were good enough highlighted that it is probably that new students will share similar concerns. I want me resolution to focus on these concerns and help to put them at ease as I feel as though if someone had told me at the start of the year they felt this way I would have felt more comfortable. 

The aim of my outcome is to re-assure new students and hopefully provide them with confidence that they are good enough. Due to the selective nature of the course they must have potential to have been accepted into the university and my outcome is to help them realise this. I wanted to present this through bold statements that would have high impact and would engage students. 

I wanted the delivery of my resolution to be more engaging that a poster or publication as I remember from my freshers that I was given so many publications and posters that 95% ended up in the bin one week later, When thinking about this I realised that the only things I actually kept were the tote bags as I could reuse them. This then dawned on me that a strong delivery method for my concept would be to produce my bold statements on tote bags as I feel this would make the resolution more engaging as students would interact with the bags more than a poster or publication. I felt this would also make them statements more personal if they were seen to be wearing a bag that has a bold positive quote would make them look and in turn feel more confident. 

From this I then decided I wanted to print tote bags as my final resolution. I will have to screen print the design onto the bags which I feel will be a good way to show new students about the skills learnt on the first year of the course as I had never screen printed before starting the course. I feel this physical outcome will be refreshing as most outcomes will tent to be print based. It will also demonstrate how diverse graphic design can be that it can be whatever they want it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment