Thursday 30 April 2015

OUGD406 - END OF MODULE EVALUATION

OUGD406 - Module Evaluation

I think I have learnt alot about the practising Graphic Design through this module as it has given me the opportunity to learn abotu different types I can practise graphic design. I feel this module has made me increasingly more aware of time manangement as there are have been alot of deadlines for a range of modules aroudn the same time meaning I have had to be organised to ensure I complete all my work and plan my workload around the range of submissions, critiques and presentations. I feel I have succeeded in mananaging my time efficiently through varius time plans and being proactive when making bookings and undertaking practical elements of the module. 

I feel my resolutions to the briefs of this module has been of a high quality and well considered with strong concepts behind the basis of all my resolutions. This module has made me realise how much  I appreciate conceptual design and feel there needs to be a stong concept behidn the resolution otherwise it is less effective. I feel I have developed a range of skills through this module such as developing my photoshop abilities and become much more efficient at screen printing. I think these skills will continue to develop through further development and will ensure my outcomes are of a high quality.

The first brief allowed me to interpret a track in my own unique style for a live brief; Secret 7”. I felt more pressure in this brief as it was a live biref and the outcome could bedisplayed in a renound exhibiton. As it was only 1 week long it was a fast pased turn around that challenged my organisational and time management skills. I feel  I created a good quality resolution that was effective in articulating my message.  

Brief 2 allowed me develop a really strong conceptual deisgn that I feel worked well in resolving the brief. I was challenged by the limitations of using two colours however felt this untimately made my deisgn stronger as I had to consider colour treatment more carefully. This brief allowed me to develop my screen printing technique and although the colours mixed differently to my desired on screen colours I still felt my resolution was successful. 

Brief 3 introduced me to group work, branding the exhibition for the outcomes of brief 2. I suprisingly liked working in a group as  I feel it simulated a real working experience. We all had our own strengths and brought them together to develop the winning concept. I felt this also tested my organisational skills as this brief needed alot of structuring to ensure all the work was produced efficiently. 


Finally brief 4 allowed me create my own brief that was a response to my first year on the course, I really enjoyed the process of reflecting on my first year on the course as  I have learnt so much. Similaraly to brief 1 there was a short timeframe to produce my outcome so I had to be productive in producing my physical outcome. I feel I resolved the brief creating a professional quality outcome that will appeal to the target audience of nexts years freshers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment