Friday 24 April 2015

Studio Brief 4 - Screen Print

Studio Brief 4 - Reflective Practise - Speaking from experience  
Screen Print 

With my final designs developed I felt confident with screen printing. I knew it was going to be quite a long process as I had to print 2 colours and three designs. I planned in advance to go down and strip and coat my screen on Wednesday 22nd so I could print on Thursday and Friday if needed so that my final outcomes would be ready for the final critique on Monday 27th. I needed good time management to ensure that it was finished on time since only had a limited time for production. I had to print my negatives in digital print as they needed to be A2 to be the most appropriate size to fit on the tote bags. I then exposed them in preparation for screen printing the next day. 




I was then advised by print room technicians to put greyboard into each of the bags to stretch the fabric to ensure an even distribution of ink. 


The process of screen printed took much longer than anticipated due to deadlines which meant it was really busy so overall the process took me 2 days. I was glad I allowed this extra time for printing as I needed it. I was extremely happy with the outcome of my bags. The neon orange worked really well and contrasted against the black to make the resolution bold, eye-catching and engaging. 




No comments:

Post a Comment