Monday 20 April 2015

Design Principles - What is a Book - Final Cover Design

Design Principles
What is a book? 
Final Cover Design

Having agreed and responded to tutor feedback I then re-designed my cover using only the spot varnish for the text. Unfortunately over the Easter break my screen had been washed meaning I had to start the whole screen print process again which is unfortunate. I followed the same process debating the geometric shape first them applying the spot varnish via screen print. I got the technician to assist me, we were able to create a fairly exact outcome for the first attempt but were unable to reproduce this due to the spot varnish drying too quickly on the screen. I washed it and re-applied this first method with worked for second singular print . 



I was far happier with this outcome that my first attempt of screen printing as it feel it will improve the overall quality of the book. The design is subtle and tasteful with the use of intricate processes such as debossing and screen printing that will appeal to the target audience. The design is consistent with the minimal aesthetic of the book and reflects the sinister context subtly with the use of stark two-tone black and title 'Death By Type'.

No comments:

Post a Comment