Saturday 1 November 2014

Studio Brief 3 - Collation

Studio Brief 3 - Message and Delivery - Research
Collation 

As required I acquired a host of newspapers from Saturday 25th October in order to inform my research. I bought a range of papers including; a broadsheet, Berliner, Compacts and tabloids. I also bought a range of local and national papers to see how region affects the way in which the story is represented. 

I purchased the following papers to give a representative sample; 

The I - Compact 
The Independent - Compact
The Yorkshire Post
The Guardian - Berliner
The Daily Express - Compact
The Sun - Tabloid 
The Daily Telegraph - Broadsheet 

The next stage was to analyse the papers to find if any stories interested interested me to the point I felt I would be able to conduct extensive research around the story. I initially found an article about Russell Brand and his comments on BBC 2 programme 'Newsnight' in 'The I' and instantly identified with the story, I have always liked Russell Brands personality and was impressed with how passionately he spoke about the issues of capitalism though self initiated research. When looking through the other papers I found that there was surprisingly high amount of coverage for a relatively small story. 6 of the 7 papers I analysed contained an article concerning the Russell Brand story, the Yorkshire Post was the only paper that did not, this could have been because it would appeal to the papers target audience. I explored other alternatives to this story for example I also looked at how the different papers reported the Ebola outbreak however I realised that I was personally more engaged and interested in the Russell Brand story so decided to research this further as my extended research for this brief. My specific focus within this topic will be how the media  reported this story in a host of different ways, I will look at the target audience, Paper type (Broadsheet, compact etc) and social media reactions as well as conducting primary research in order to develop extensive research that holistically covers the information raised over the breadth of the media. 

Here are the articles from my sample of newspapers which I will analyse and compare how each article is represented; 
Daily Express
The Guardian

The I 
The Daily Telegraph 
The Sun



The Independent 

No comments:

Post a Comment