Monday 24 November 2014

Studio Brief 1 - Introduction

Studio Brief 1 - Design Processes, Frame Shape

Introduction

Brief; Re-imagine the backing paper for a photo frame. This must include the dimensions of the frame. You must produce a minimum of three designs, which work as a set across three different frame sizes. Choose from the frame dimensions below:

6x4 inches - 7x5 inches - 8x6 inchesA5 - A4 - A3

The concept of your design should be shape, you can interpret this as a literal shape e.g. circle, sphere, triangle, square, box etc or be more imaginative. Consider how you frame your shape, be creative with your manipulations and compositions. 
Consider how to engage the audience and the target market of your photoframe. For example a Wilkinsons photoframe would be packaged and designed with a different aesthetic to a Harvey Nicholls frame.All typography and vector based images must be produced in Adobe Illustrator. Any images must be manipulated in Adobe Photoshop. The final composition must be produced in Adobe Photoshop.

I initially apprehensive about this brief as I felt it wasn't as creative and exciting as past briefs however it then occurred to me that this brief presented me with a direct opportunity to take a relatively neglected piece of design and transform into a successful concept that is well designed to suit a particular target audience and innovatively enhances the overall aesthetic of the product.

My initial research plan for this brief is to research a range of backing papers for photo frames this will include researching online and conducting primary research through visiting a range of high street stores and analysing their existing photo frames. With this foundation to work from I will create a mind map detailing the potential direction I could take to form my solution and implement these within my initial ideas before presenting my stronger concepts to a group in an interim critique.

Although the briefs states I should incorporate shape, we were also given a list of possible themes that could be used to create some creative and innovative solutions to the brief, I will consider these alternatives however feel shape should be the main component within my solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment