Saturday 30 April 2016

OUGD505: Studio Brief 1 - Extended Practice: Series proposal

OUGD505: Studio Brief 1/ Licence to print money   

Extended Practice: Series proposal 

IT was suggested by tutors that to extend the concept further I could mock up designs of how the rest of this brutalist inspired series would look. From this I established I needed to base the rest of the notes on particular notable examples of brutalist architecture within the United Kingdom, my research on brutalist architecture helped me to identify appropriate buildings to base my designs on from which I concluded; Spaghetti Junction (Birmingham) Balfron Tower (London), US Embassy (Dublin) and Bank House (Leeds) these particular examples would work well together as they all have unique and engaging physical structures which will create engaging designs, further appeal for these buildings are that are staggered across the UK from the south, midlands and north creating a holistic celebration of British architecture. 

I established that the back design would remain the same across the series to create a sense of consistency due to the iconic imagery used within this design that is representative of the celebration of the movement as a whole, this would leave engaging unique front designs that create a breath of design for the full series, experimenting further with colour and scale to establish easily identifiable individual banknotes that holistically represents my interpretation on the future of physical money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment