Monday 7 December 2015

OUGD504 - Brief 4 - Desktop Feedback

OUGD504: Brief 4: SONY music / ONLY studio Brief

Desktop Feedback

With the newly refined designs for my desktop website I asked students for feedback as to whether they felt these were successful, would appeal to the target audience and provides a good user experience. I felt it was important to acquire aesthetic feedback at this stage before developing the mobile site to ensure consistency across the breakpoints. I started my presenting my concept and development thus far to a group of students that doubled up as my target audience in an informal critique. They reacted positively to the campaign saying it was 'a really cool concept' that is relevant within todays society and will certainly appeal to the target audience. When I explained the genre and band to them they felt the aesthetic of the desktop site reflected the nature of the band students said 'I really like the minimal layout, the baby pink works super well making the pictures stand out and makes a nice relaxing colour scheme similar to how the bands music makes you feel, good job'. 

When I prompted further more specific questions found they felt the typefaces were approbate and the size of the images were about right as I was initially concerned they may be slightly too large for thumbnails. Students felt the site was perfectly usable with some slight questioning of the navigation menu as opposed to a fixed bar however I feel this would compromise the clean aesthetic of the site. They especially liked the jump to the top arrow similar to that used in tumblr one student said 'I love that arrow, when I use tumblr it makes it so much easier than having to scroll all the way back to the top'. The blog was also a commented on point saying its a great way to get people to come back to the site posting updates in the countdown to the album. 

Overall the feedback I recited from students was largely positive which gives me encouragement to start to development the mobile version of the site. The aesthetic articulated itself well and connoted a relaxed ambient experience similar to the bands sound. Finally students felt the concept was well established and innovative which will said the overall success of my response to the brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment