Monday 25 January 2016

OUGD503 Collaborative Practice - Pitcha Kucha

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 2/Collaborative Practice 


Pitcha Kucha

To find creative partner for collaborative practice Pitcha Kucha was briefed as a means to link up with other students from different courses. All students were required to create a 3 slide presentation documenting pieces of their own work, professional work they admired and briefs they most wanted to work on from the YCN and D&AD selection. I identified an illustration student to work with as my drawing skills are not nearly refined enough to feel confident in responding to a brief with them however I do like illustrative work that is playful and unique. I identified GAP as my first choice brief as I think illustration could link up particularly well with this to create an engaging and fun social media campaign. Supporting briefs were the sustainable fish campaign from YCN and the D&AD desperados brief as I felt there was potential to explore an illustrative style within these projects. 

The presentations themselves were really engaging and interest, I was a great insight into the talent within the college and showed what different projects other courses had been working on which is something I never get to see. I identified a number of illustration students with styles I particularly liked and felt wold complement my individual style to create a really engaging project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment